Old February 15th 05, 01:29 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Rich Mallard Rich Mallard is offline

Default SET 376 - A big disappointment

"Rich Mallard" wrote in message
snip my own comments

Following up on that somewhat negative post, instead of building a new class
of train, I think with hindsight it would have been better to have:

- Completed the 12-car Networker project in the Kent Link area

- Lengthened all Charing Cross/Cannon St Kent Link peak trains by two
carriages or more, giving 10 or 12 car formations on virtually all services.

- Refurbished and modified the Networkers to allow for more room for
standing by doorways

- Placed a follow-on order for more 375/9 units to be used on Networker
routes, keeping them targeted at Gillingham/Gravesend/Sevenoaks trains when
possible.

OK, so that's not going to happen now, so to resolve the current situation I
suggest:

- Removal of the tip-up seats and proper seating installed

- An urgent rethink on the seating with new deeper upholstery supplied (and
not in a dreary grey fabric)

Rich