Old February 15th 05, 03:29 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Ross Ross is offline

Default Future of CDRs and NR season tickets in TfL zones?

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 23:13:54 +0000, Dave Arquati wrote in
, seen in uk.railway:
Ross wrote:

[...]
As an irregular visitor, I like two things: the frequency and the one
day bus pass.

Three-squids-fifty ain't bad when you consider that here in Lincoln
the return fare on my local service from the city centre out to ASDA,
a journey of 20 minutes each way or so, is two-squids-twenty.

Three squids fifty? You're being overcharged mate :-) Even more of a
bargain at three squids.

Is it three squids? I remember it having gone up from two-squids-fifty
but couldn't remember what to. Last time I was in London I ended up
using a 3-day off-peak Travelcard as the underground validity was
useful.

The theoretical frequency of most services (practice is something
else) means I can do things without watching the clock, and compared
to the sort of timetables I've gotten used to out here in the sticks,
'tis wonderful.

In this bit of London, the practice seems to be pretty decent too. The
49 used to be a problem but since it went double-decker, reliability
seems to have dramatically improved.

It has to be much better that yesterday's womble on RoadCar: arrive at
Newark 15 minutes late courtesy roadworks in Grantham delaying the
incredibly infrequent 602, thus missing the bus back to Lincoln and
expecting to have to wait nearly 90 minutes for the next one, only for
the bus I'd hoped to catch to turn up 15 minutes later as it too was
exceptionally late for reasons unknown...

Travelling by bus in and around Lincolnshire is fun. As long as you
don't actually want to get anywhere at a given time!

Mind you that was an intriguing run back from Newark, if only because
the variation I was on (service 88) seems to have been scheduled to
*not* serve any of the villages it goes near.

--
Ross, a.k.a.
Prof. E. Scrooge, CT, 153 & bar, Doctor of Cynicism (U. Life)