Old February 15th 05, 06:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Angus Bryant Angus Bryant is offline

Default Costly Projects

Peter Goodland wrote:

It is the Northern Ticket Hall. Glad someone's found the money to
get it done with the rest of the CTRL works (although I don't know
why its costs spiralled quite so much and had to be halted - anyone
else know?).

There are also longer-term plans to rebuild the suburban platforms at
Kings
Cross and move the mainline station ticket hall to where the suburban
platform entrance is now (and destroy the 1970's extension blocking
the front of the original Cubitt building). It'd be nearer the
then-completed St Pancras and would also feed into the new Northern
(tube) ticket hall. Details at:

http://www.argentkingscross.com/, particularly:

The Project/Framework for Regeneration/Southern Hub
http://www.argentkingscross.com/live.../figure_27.pdf

This scheme is for both the Northern Ticket hall for the underground
station and for a new ticket hall for the main line station.

See

http://www.networkrail.co.uk/Documen...nouncement.doc

Thanks for the correction and sorry for the confusion - I hadn't realised
that this announcement *included* the new KX mainline concourse too. That
also explains its high price tag! I wasn't expecting the new concourse to
be added that soon. Good news. Any idea on completion dates?

Angus