Old February 15th 05, 07:25 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
JB JB is offline

Default SET 376 - A big disappointment

"Rich Mallard" wrote in message
Having had several journeys to and from work on these, I wonder if anyone
else agrees with my observations:

- Despite having hardly any seating, the atmosphere is quite
claustrophobic because of the overly-high seat backs that obscure views of
the rest of the carriage when seated.

I agree these trains are pretty bad. To be honest I thought the high,
claustrophobic backed seats was a new safety thing. They seem to be
appearing on all new/refurbished trains (although not necessarily as bad as
on the 376). I quite like the two by two seating though.

Funnily enough I saw the same "high capacity" seating on a three by two 375
the other day (even in 1st) - although I think they're replacing them
eventually.