Old February 15th 05, 08:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default [OT] 4x4 cars on London streets

In message , at 19:04:38 on Tue, 15 Feb
2005, Dave Arquati remarked:
One also has to bear in mind *road space* rather than the space
physically occupied by the car. As a typical 4x4 is quite a bit
taller than a "normal" car, it reduces visibility for the car behind
it, so the car behind must keep more distance in order to retain visibility.

And you've seen this happening in practice?

From personal experience outside London. I can't see why it would be
any different in London, and I know that one major claim used against
4x4s is that they make life more difficult for other motorists.

So you'd ban vans and buses from Central London on the same principle?