Old February 15th 05, 10:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default SET 376 - A big disappointment

James Farrar wrote:
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 20:25:06 -0000, JB

wrote:

I agree these trains are pretty bad. To be honest I thought the

high,
claustrophobic backed seats was a new safety thing. They seem to

be
appearing on all new/refurbished trains (although not necessarily

as bad
as on the 376). I quite like the two by two seating though.

I love the high-backed seats on the new Southern trains. (Sorry, not

enough of an enthusiast to know the class number!) In fact, my train

home
from work is often a two-car old unit at the front and a four-car

new unit
at the rear, and I'll sit in the new bit by choice even though I
inevitably have a longer walk at my destination station.

Actually, the two-car units (456s) always had high seat backs. The
four-car units (455s) didn't till now.