Old February 15th 05, 10:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
d d is offline

Default (Another) Film Poster Banned

Maybe they want to save our money by not entering into situations where
they're easily taken to court. Seems sensible to me. They're trying to
provide a service, not moral leadership to the world. I'm sure you'd be the
first to complain if your ticket price took a hike due to legal action
resulting from a pointless exercise. I know I would.

"Joe" wrote in message
London Underground chiefs have banned posters for a new film about
controversial sex professor Alfred Kinsey.

Advertisements for the Oscar-nominated movie, starring Liam Neeson, have
been censored after Tube chiefs ruled they were too offensive.

The original design featured Neeson standing in front of extracts from
Kinsey's scientific studies, writ large - and containing words including
"orgasms" and "masturbation".

But promoters have been forced to axe the phrases in favour of less
explicit words such as "pleasure".

It is the latest film campaign to be censored by London Underground, after
British horror flick Creep's posters - showing a bloody hand scraping down
the inside of a Tube carriage - were withdrawn.

20th Century Fox UK marketing chief Kieran Breen said: "It is ironic a
film which tells of a man who tried to get the world talking openly about
sex in the the 1950s, now finds itself the victim of censorship in the
supposedly enlightened 21st century."

--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For railway information, news and photos see