Old February 16th 05, 07:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dan Gravell Dan Gravell is offline

Default [OT] 4x4 cars on London streets

Mike Bristow wrote:
I've driven from Leytonstone to Paddington on a number of occasions.
Certainly more convienent when meeting She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named
and her luggage. It was probably quicker than the Tube (the PT
alterantive), but it's hard to be sure. Certainly not much slower.

How much luggage are we talking? While I see that as a reason *you* make
this journey, I don't think it is a valid reason for anybody but yourself.

Lets say that for something to be a metro service, it needs to be
frequent enough that a timetable is pointless. Comparing the number
of people arriving at the station per minute over the course of the
day would be an interesting way to find out if the passengers bother
with learning the timetable.

My guess is that there will be little variation at Camden Road -
about as many passengers will arrive at the platform looking to
catch a train the minute before the train is due as the minute after
- indicating that 15 mintute wait between trains is "metro", while
at Upper Holloway, there will be a vast difference - indicating
that 30 minute waits are not "metro".

But I'm guessing; hard figures would be interesting.

My guess would be that is not the case; at least I live next to a so
called "metro" station, but I still check the timetables everytime I go
there. I'm not waiting around for fifteen minutes.