Old February 16th 05, 10:03 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Future of CDRs and NR season tickets in TfL zones?

Jim Brittin wrote:
In article ,
says...
In message
Michael Parry wrote:

In message , Paul
Corfield writes
I acknowledged this point but if you have any memory of the Tube
prior to zonal fares and I just about do then the old set up had
arrays of free standing single fare machine with huge signs
above them saying which stations for that fare.

Are there really no pictures of the old machines anywhere on the
web? A Google and a look at
http://www.ltmuseum.co.uk didn't turn
up any.

IIRC, they had the fare in huge print and the stations served by
that fare on the sloping glass top.

That's how I remember them, the fare was in red and the machine
itself was painted blue. Fare bands were in increments of 3d (old
pence). IIRC only singles were available, no returns.

The increments were whatever applied at the time, probably was 3d
at the time of decimalisation.

Penny increments show in the LT Museum's 1948 photo.

View at http://makeashorterlink.com/?N3F63287A

IIRC there are some at the LT Museum Depot (Acton Town). The next Open
Day there is 26/27 February. Not sure of the Museum itself has any.
--
Richard J.