Old February 16th 05, 09:58 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
826 826 is offline

Default SET 376 - A big disappointment

"Rich Mallard" wrote in message ...
"David Campbell" wrote in message
"Rich Mallard" wrote in message

I can well believe that Connex is reponsible for the negative aspects of

these reprehensible units. Their last spiteful act, perhaps.

Rich

I believe Connex actually went out and sought the views of commuters
as to the layout of the trains and that some seat designs were "tried
out" with some commuters who answered and filled in a customer survey.
A selection of these were taken to try out various designs to
establish in their view which were the best to go for. I was handed a
fairly comprhensive "customer survey" form by Connex staff at
Faversham a couple or so years back and it included a section about
the new 376 trains and the layouts then in the design stage. Could it
be that SET took over before the plan ran it's course? Or are there
some in Kent who find these seats acceptable?