Old February 16th 05, 11:21 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Nick Nick is offline

Default SET 376 - A big disappointment

"ast444" wrote in message
oups.com...
I think we're kind of missing the point. Rush hour are what these
trains are designed for. Although I agree with the hard seating and the
OTT disabled areas, these trains work very well.

Well, yes, they're an "unfortunate" necessity for crush-loaded peak trains
perhaps, but that's of no comfort (literally) when you're travelling
shoulder-of-peak, off-peak or at weekends.

We can all agree (probably) on wider doorways, wider doors and at least part
of the carriage having 2x2 seating, but the 376 is a failure in terms of
basic comfort. I also find the "perch" seats useless too - wrong height for
me anyway.

Networkers get crowded
easily and it is logic that you could get more people standing. I can
see the 376 concept being applied to all London Inner Suburban line
(incl North London Line and euston-watford). Look at the refurbed 455s
for SWT.

With modified seating let's hope!