Old February 17th 05, 06:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default [OT] 4x4 cars on London streets

In message , at 15:13:33 on Thu,
17 Feb 2005, Mrs Redboots remarked:
Good one! Yes I have heating - long distance it is at least. Yet I think as
town dweller I can easily do without car most of the time, just a matter
of planning.

I agree with Guy, here. We do own a car, but it spends most of the week
in the garage - it comes out on Sunday mornings and once a month on a
Wednesday evening. Otherwise, it is used a great deal for holidays and
trips out of London, but we find public transport very nearly as
convenient, more environmentally sound, and healthier - all that
walking....

Spoken as a true Londoner. And I'd agree that it's a sustainable
lifestyle for some. But there majority of people simply don't have
access to good enough PT to make that viable.