Old February 17th 05, 08:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Rupert Candy Rupert Candy is offline

Default Recycling bus number-plates

Mrs Redboots wrote:
I was coming home earlier this evening on a 109, which drew up into a
stop behind a no 50. I was in the front upstairs, and so noticed the
number-plate on the 50, which was "WLT xxx" (can't remember the
numbers). I assume they are recycling numbers from the old
Routemasters?

Yes, this happens quite a lot amongst bus operators - and before they
cascade vehicles out of London they normally re-register any with
'special' numbers (like the ex-Routemaster numbers) so they can re-use
the numbers. That sentence doesn't make much sense, but I'm sure you
can work it out!