Old February 17th 05, 10:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Barking-Greenford?

Adrian Auer-Hudson wrote:
This is interesting. But let me add a few points.

1. Turning crossrail trains back @ Paddington is just crazy when there
is a lack of capacity in the mainline station.

2. Better for now just to electrify one mainline, i.e. Paddington to
Maidenhead.

3. We are stuck with the Central Line to West Ruislip because of the
depot.

So, better drop the Central Line into a tunnel for the Ealing Broadway
to West Ealing Stretch. Have the Central Line take over the Greenford
Loop.

Then extend the instead of turning back crossrail trains at Paddington,
reverse them from new platforms at Ealing. These platforms would
replace the Central Line tube platforms.

Then, use some of the freed-up terminal space at Paddington to for some
Chiltern trains from Birmingham.

Noo... don't send Chiltern services into Paddington! Marylebone is
getting two new platforms this year so Chiltern should manage OK. The
line from Northolt into Paddington would also need some major trackwork
as it is, at present, extremely slooooow.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7