Old February 19th 05, 10:38 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Tony Polson Tony Polson is offline

Default IPPR suggest "Greater South East" rail body

Dave Arquati wrote:

Journeys have two ends; one end is frequently in central London. How
many journeys start or finish at Victoria versus at Maidstone, or High
Wycombe, or Hatfield? Even if a rail authority proportionally
represented the origins and destinations of all journeys on the South
East rail network, almost half the "seats" would be occupied by
representation of central London; probably over half would be
representatives from inside the GLA, i.e. TfL.

No doubt you live in London, as well as work there. I don't doubt
your sincerity. Neither do I doubt your self-interest, however.

As someone who lives outside London, used to commute daily over a
period of some years, and now still travels into London regularly, I
have a different view. I fully understand your view, I just don't
happen to agree with it.

I see the need for balance between the interests of people living in
London and those outside London who commute, whereas you want the
interests of Londoners to dominate. I am not asking for the views of
commuters from outside London to dominate, merely for them to be
included in a balanced overview.

Perhaps you should make just a tiny bit more effort to understand
others' views, especially those of people whose personal circumstances
differ from your own.

Tony