Old February 19th 05, 06:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default Speed Camera Avoidance

Paul Cummins wrote to uk.transport.london on Sat, 19 Feb 2005:

I think it's something to do with the fact that 80% of British dual
carriageways are of a better standard that German Autobahnen, but have
slower, and often unreasonably slower, speed limits.

Well, German Autobahnen may have a speed limit of 130 kph, but in my
experience one can almost never go at it - either there's too much
traffic, or there are road works, or it's raining.....

French autoroutes, now..... and you get a much better drive quality - I
can often read on an autoroute, where I certainly can't on the M1 (I've
tried!)

How am I endangering anyone by doing 80-90 down the M6 at 3am on a clear
morning?

Do they actually *have* speed cameras on the M6? Mostly, I've only seen
them on parts of the motorway where the speed is limited to 70 mph for
whatever reason.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/