Old February 19th 05, 06:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default Speed Camera Avoidance

Martin Underwood wrote to uk.transport.london on Sat, 19 Feb 2005:

Presumably there must be 30 signs to make the speed limit enforceable, but
they may not be very obvious.

I think so - I always do keep an eye out for such things when I'm in the
car (as a non-driver, it's easier for me to navigate & warn of cameras,
speed limits, etc) and I certainly never saw it.

I'd like to see much greater use of 300, 200, 100-yard countdown markers in
advance of speed limits, especially where the change of speed limit is 20 or
more mph - a sort of "Morpeth rules" for cars. With advance warning of
limits (especially where the sign is round a corner or hidden by a hedge
until you're very close) you can plan ahead and simply lift off the power to
slow down gently rather than having to brake - I always try to slow down by
coming off the power if I can, but that's the advanced driver in me ;-)

I think most people who have been driving for any length of time do, no?
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/