Old February 19th 05, 11:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Barking-Greenford?

On 18 Feb 2005, Adrian Auer-Hudson wrote:

Tony Polson wrote:
"Adrian Auer-Hudson" wrote:

So, better drop the Central Line into a tunnel for the Ealing
Broadway to West Ealing Stretch.

I have no doubt that there are a great many better ways of spending
the money.

You are of course correct. The aesthetics of a loop at the western end
of the Central Line to match the one at the eastern end appeal to me!
:-)

Finally, someone who sees the big picture!

Maybe the Greenford loop could be served only from its Northern end by
the Central Line?

You mean Perivale - South Greenford - Castle Bar Park - Drayton Green?
That's daft. No offence, but it is - you'd have to head out of London to
get to the city centre!

Although now i think about it, a few minutes on the journey might be worth
it to get ten times the frequency.

There is, I believe, still merit in the idea of terminating Crossrail
trains at Ealing as opposed to Paddington.

Agreed.

But, sending all Central Line trains to West Ruislip would be an over
supply of service.

They could be sent round the east curve - North Acton, Ealing Broadway,
Castle Bar Park, then over the Greenford east curve, Perivale, Park Royal,
North Acton.

tom

--
dream warrior, sun dancer