Old February 20th 05, 09:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Brimstone Brimstone is offline

Default Speed Camera Avoidance

loobyloo wrote:

But then, you could argue that you need to set a deliberately cautious
speed limit, to take account of lapses of concentration, mechanical
failure, unpredictable road conditions, and oncoming idiots. The
number of times I've had close shaves on my bike on roads like the
ones you've described, where I'm at a total loss as to why, in
perfect conditions, and wearing my fetching flourescent jacket, a
driver has obviously failed to
see me until the last minute.

A friend's brother-in-law heading home from work one night was similarly
attired with lights etc so as to make himself as visible as possible, wasn't
seen by a lorry driver and is now on the great cycle lane in the sky.