Old February 20th 05, 01:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Brimstone Brimstone is offline

Default Speed Camera Avoidance

Martin Underwood wrote:

Whenver I come across a speed limit that seems to be absurdly low (eg
30 on a road that I'd judge to be safe up to 50 or 60) I always do
two things: firstly I keep repeating to myself "this is a 30 limit,
this is a 30 limit" to help me avoid gradually drifting back up to
60; secondly I look all around me to see if I can spot the hazard
that I might initially have missed which justifies such a low limit.
Sadly there are some 30 limits which have me baffled and can only
have been "justified" by residents' dislike of fast traffic rather
than for any road-safety reasons.

You don't consider the safety of residents and their wish for a quiet(ish)
life along a stretch of road to be worthy of consideration in reducing your
headlong flight then?