Old August 14th 03, 08:34 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Robin Smith Robin Smith is offline

Default Box Junction Penalty

"Richard J." wrote in message ...
Robin Smith wrote:
I have recently received a penalty notice for stopping in a box
junction on a busy London road intersection. I recognise that I did
stop in the box junction, for some time, and probably blocked the
crossing traffic, and I intend to pay the fine.

There are no signs associated with box junctions. Just pay the fine for
chrissake.

As I said, I do intend to pay the fine (which will double if I do not
do so soon), but what with all these loop holes associated with bus
lane cameras and speed cameras, I was genuinely interested in knowing
whether there were similar loop holes associated with box junctions.

Since the penalty notice my awareness of box junctions has increased,
and my driving improved, so good will come of this. I am not the type
of person to challenge the law when I know I have done wrong.

Robin