Old February 20th 05, 11:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] cwl123456@hotmail.com is offline

Default What hapend to the visitor passes

James Farrar wrote:
On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 13:41:36 -0700, Clark W. Griswold, Jr.
wrote:

Most tourists will find Zone 1 single day travel cards sufficient,

with
one off tickets for trips to and from Heathrow, but you may wish

tothink
twice about using the Tube from Heathrow. The Terminal 4 stationis

closed right now and dragging luggage around on the Tube is

difficultat
best. Consider taking the hotel bus or the train to Paddington.

I was at Heathrow today. I'd definitely advise visitors arriving at
Terminal 4 to take the Heathrow Express to Paddington. I admit, it's

expensive, but it's worth it.

The Pic. line goes direct from Heathrow (1,2,3) to the following
Kensington stations:
* South Kensington (zone 1)
* Gloucster Road (zone 1)
* Knightsbridge (zone 1)
or you can change at Earls Court for:
* High St Ken (zone 1)
* Kensington Olympia (zone 2)
* Sloane square (zone 1)

If you take the Heathrow Express to Paddington, you still have to get
to your destination from there. You can take the circle line (during
the week and occasionaly at weekends) to:
* High St Ken (zone 1)
* Gloucster Road (zone 1)
* South Kensington (zone 1)
* Sloane Square
or the District line to:
* High St Ken (zone 1)
* Olympia (changing at Earls Court) (zone 2)

IMHO there is not much point in getting the Heathrow Express because it
costs more and you still have to negotiate the tube system.