Old February 21st 05, 09:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Stretched SUV

Aidan Stanger wrote:
Paul Weaver wrote:

In Mile End tonight I watched with amazement at a what can only be
described as a genuine american-style stretched SUV.

Funny thing was, the numberplates were'nt in any script I

couldrecognise.
Not Japanese, Chinese, Latin, Cyrillic or Arabic. I assume it's

exempt
from the congestion charge in that case.

I think that just leaves Greek, Korean and Cambodian. And possibly
Nepalese, though I'm not sure about that one.

And Georgian.

Though you'll probably find it was a made up plate perhaps for a film
shoot.
No one is going to import a car like that into the country for their
own
personal use for the short period they can get away without having a UK

plate. I've seen a couple these stretched SUVs about , one was a Hummer
and the other was a Ford Excursion. Both of them utterly tasteless and
full
of chavs on their way to a nightclub.

B2003