Old February 21st 05, 11:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neillw001 Neillw001 is offline

Default Speed Camera Avoidance

Wasn't there a product on the market when spped cameras came into use
similar to cling film that made the same claims? I'd like to see some
tests and also how long the covering lasts. GATSO cameras are notorious
for not working properly. I've heard stories of certain makes of
numberplates flaring out the picture and also the cameras doing the job
themselves. It seems the latter occurs where the camera is sited in a
dark area that doesn't have the benifit of of street lighting at
night. Condensation on the inside of the box also creates problems
apparently.
Foreward facing cameras also have problems, mainly with the strips in
the road that fail regularly. It is also rumoured that they only work
over a certain weight, presumably they are set for car weight as
motorbikes cannot be caught by forward facing cameras as they have no
front numberplate.