Old February 21st 05, 04:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Commuting time map

Richard Dixon wrote:
Dear All

I hope I've come to the right place to ask this question.

I was commenting with a colleague recently how she (living in Sevenoaks)
takes a similar amount of time as me (in Raynes Park) to get into work
(we're based in Monument).

It made me wonder if anyone has re-designed a London travel map in terms of
time frame of reference - i.e. shortest time taken to get to a major London
station (e.g. Waterloo, Victoria, London Bridge, Liverpool Street etc.)
from around the south-east?

Just interested from a commuting viewpoint.

There is software available to companies involved in transport planning
which can plot "isochrones" (contours of time) of public transport
journey time to a specific point in London.

Unfortunately I can't immediately see any available on the internet.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7