Old February 21st 05, 07:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Commuting time map

Richard Dixon wrote:
Dave Arquati wrote in
:

There is software available to companies involved in transport
planning which can plot "isochrones" (contours of time) of public
transport journey time to a specific point in London.

Unfortunately I can't immediately see any available on the internet.

Thanks - if you are able to find anything then please report back - it's
something I'd often wondered about and would have thought something would
have been available !

Unfortunately it's not openly available as those companies use the
software to provide information to clients, e.g. when assessing an
office relocation scheme, they can provide the client with maps showing
which areas become closer temporally to the new location, and which
become further away, plotting the change in journey time as a set of
isochrones.

It's pretty interesting stuff; I did have a paper version of one, but
I'm not sure where I put it, otherwise I'd scan it in to show you.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7