Old February 21st 05, 10:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
JB JB is offline

Default Speed Camera Avoidance

"Adrian" wrote in message
. 1.4...
Chris Tolley ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

I've still not heard a compelling reason why mandatory periodic
re-testing isn't a good idea

Logistics? If one presumes that people take a test and then drive for
40 years on average, then it follows that he testing system has to
cope with 2.5% of the drivers per annum. Give people a test, say every
5 years, and it will have to cope with 20%. That's an awful lot of
appointments to fit in.

Over the years, the number of retests will go down as the irredemably
incompetent decide they just can't be arsed.

I doubt that logically follows. I know of three people who have taken 8+
tests in an attempt to get their first licence.