Old February 22nd 05, 09:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Stephen Osborn Stephen Osborn is offline

Default Stretched SUV

Vernon wrote:
"Paul Weaver" wrote in message
news
In Mile End tonight I watched with amazement at a what can only be
described as a genuine american-style stretched SUV.

For the ignorant among us (ie. me!) what is an SUV?

Sports Utility Vehicle, an American term. It roughly translates into
English as 4x4.

I believe that it is has a legal definition in the USA as SUVs pay less
tax (of some sort or another) because they are used by people who have
to go off road road (farmers etc) and so are sort of 'tools of the trade'.

Just like every Range Rover here is used by the laird for traveling the
estate (the gamekeeper having a Land Rover of course).

regards

Stephen