Old February 22nd 05, 12:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Barking-Greenford?

John Rowland wrote:
"Adrian Auer-Hudson" wrote in message
oups.com...

What would it take to make at least one of these,
GC and Piccadilly Line, pairs into an interchange station?

The addition of an NR symbol to the tube map! The Sudbury Hill stations are
certainly very close.

The philosophy of "we don't need to stop the Chilterns there because the
tubes stop there" is certainly very strange - it's a good job that One don't
go along with that philosophy, or they would provide a skeleton service at
all Tottenham Hale, Seven Sisters and Walthamstow Central. Brent Council are
very keen on getting a better service at all four Chiltern stations, but
Chiltern aren't interested.

What sort of demand do you envisage for interchange between Chiltern and
Piccadilly at Sudbury? I use South Ruislip from time to time and the
interchange demand appears to be poor at best.

As another poster pointed out, the stopping patterns are a problem too.
Demand from Chiltern suburban stations into central London is also
pretty poor as no Chiltern service using the current infrastructure
could match the frequencies and destinations served from nearby
Underground stations.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7