Old February 22nd 05, 08:07 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul Paul is offline

Default SET 376 - A big disappointment

"MIG" wrote in message
oups.com...
No attempt to use specific stock on specific South Eastern routes ever
seems to last long. Whatever services the VEPs were felt suitable for,
they seemed to get used on the longest distance routes. The same seems
to be happening with the 375/9s.

When the CIGs were transferred from Brighton, they were meant to be
concentrated on the Hastings route, but this didn't last long.

All the talk of using specific stock on specific types of service is
meaningless on the south eastern where a lot of different types of
stock seem to be have been used indiscrimminately for as long as I can
remember.

That reminds me a couple of years ago when Connex (gazoontite) ran out of
trains and I jumped on that green DEMU at Charing Cross for my journey
home - bit like being in your front room but only narrower.

Paul