Old February 23rd 05, 11:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Crossrail Bill and Documents Published

John Rowland wrote:
"Michael Parry" wrote in message

17000 pages in all according to the BBC

That's why I gave up reading that stuff... Enjoy, Dave!

17000 pages...

****!

I actually had a brief look today at the bill itself when I should have
been doing other things, and was interested to note that although the
Railways Act 1993 prohibits public-sector operators from being
franchisees (how did SET get around that?), the Crossrail Bill (Section
34) states that that does not apply in this case, paving the way
(theoretically) for a public-sector operator run Crossrail services.

Oh, and they can revoke the Heathrow Express Order too.

Of course, not being in any way law-minded, I've probably missed
something important.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7