Old February 24th 05, 06:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Hitchens Neil Hitchens is offline

Default Clapham Junction

"Mrs Redboots" wrote in message
news
Vernon wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 23 Feb 2005:

Heard a report on LBC last night that Clapham Junction got closed due to

lighting failure on the platforms - then nothing more.

Was it just a brief incident not worthy of anything else, or did they

just
get it wrong?

My husband said that it was total chaos yesterday morning - it took him
a long time to get to work, and a lot of trains ran through empty, were
delayed, or just vanished into thin air. There was power (and
announcements) up to about platform 11, but certainly none on platform
13 onwards. He was relieved that neither his homeward journey last
night, nor his journey to work this morning needed to involve Clapham
Junction!
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Went through there about 5:15 last night. My train should have stopped there
but we were told (after leaving Waterloo) that the station was closed due to
a power failure. As we went through it was completely deserted apart from
one person taking photographs of the trains at the London end of one of the
platforms!