Old February 24th 05, 01:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.sheds
Kat Kat is offline

Default A Little Trouble with my Oyster...

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
I have an Annual Bus Pass which is due to expire soon, with a small
amount of PrePay for my casual Underground use. I also had an Incomplete
Journey, which 4 trips to Underground ticket offices failed to resolve,
so I had my Oyster Card replaced as 'Failed' yesterday.

There is also an intriguing problem with the PrePay on both the old and
the new cards:-

I am being charged SFP (£0.00) for my Underground trips!

I rang the Oyster Helpline last week and they said I *was* being
charged. A printout confirmed I had made some journeys for which I was
charged SFP. The same happened last night with the new card.

I'm getting disinclined to schlep out to Edgware to sort this out.
(Burnt Oak is seldom staffed, it's wet and cold out and I'm disabled...)

My Underground use is trivial and I'm quite willing to pay fares for
trips I make BUT

I am concerned there might be some kind of 'virus' in Oyster software,
which is depriving TfL of money. It is too much of a coincidence to have
this occur with two cards, the second of which was 'loaded' from the
first.

I had over 10 months' trouble-free use of the initial Oyster Card.

It sounds like the problem you describe has merely been transferred to
your new Oyster.

When you renew your Annual Bus Pass, why not suggest that they create a
completely new account for you.

Sorry for being thick but by SFP, do you mean that you've been charged
paper-ticket rate instead of the lower Oyster rate?
It may be a problem with the zero entry level which has only recently
been introduced if you're making more than eight bus journeys between
tube journeys so the tube journey info is getting lost. (Just a thought)
--
Kat