Old February 24th 05, 04:47 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.local.london.info,uk.transport.london
Nick Leverton Nick Leverton is offline

Default Easier - Stanstead or Luton to London

In article 1109108821.bc433c7d37cdf5de305c31b3e3f112e8@teran ews,
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 14:20:47 on
Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Jason remarked:
It doesn't need to be a 500 (or even 300!) yard walk *outdoors* - the
majority can be done indoors. Simply cross the St Pancras taxi rank
and walk via the King's Cross platforms 9/10/11 building, and then
down platform 8 to the Underground entrance.

Except there are signs prohibiting it.

A good thing I didn't notice them when visiting St.P on Tuesday.
Otherwise I'd have had to ignore them on general principle, being already
miffed at the curtain which, for no apparent reason, stops you getting
from the Circle line platforms to the Vic/Northern booking hall.

I did notice there is still a sign prohibiting entry in the evening
peak to the Circle platforms via the Euston Road steps outside KX.
I also noticed that everyone ignores it too !

Nick
--
http://www.leverton.org/ ... So express yourself