Old August 14th 03, 11:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

Default Yellow Arrows on Tube Ticket

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 06:50:20 -0000, Mike Pellatt
wrote:

where I get a voucher that I then have to take to

the ticket office to exchange for the travelcard. How stupid
is all that ?? It reminds me I must write to SWT for the details
of their recovery plan to fix this customer dis-service :-)

Thats what I would have to do if I didn't have a Season Ticket, and my
station is within the area! Mine is an unmanned station with no
ticket machine or permit machine, so you have to buy a ticket form the
conductor on the train. Sometimes they have a few card travelcardsbut
mostly they only give you a paper ticket which needs to be exchanged
for a card.

I don't know what happens if you get off the train at an unmanned
stion and need to get a bus or tube though, as these are not accepted.