Old February 24th 05, 07:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Easier - Stanstead or Luton to London

In message , at 07:36:22 on
Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Martin Rich remarked:
It doesn't need to be a 500 (or even 300!) yard walk *outdoors* - the
majority can be done indoors. Simply cross the St Pancras taxi rank
and walk via the King's Cross platforms 9/10/11 building, and then
down platform 8 to the Underground entrance.

Except there are signs prohibiting it. On one hand it's a bloody cheek,
on the other it's private property and they could insist that all
passengers walked along the platform naked (to pick a random stupid
policy).

Is this a recent development?

The signs were there from late last year, I think. I made a point of
going that way last week, partly to check that I hadn't imagined it, and
partly to exercise my right as a holder of a GNER booking for *this*
week. The sign says nothing about being a passenger *today*.

A week or so back I'd arrived at KX on
a number 214 bus northbound, and needed to get to the temporary St
Pancras Station. I did roughly the walk that Jason describes above -
in the other direction of course - and was surprised to notice signs
that the concourse at Kings Cross was only for WAGN and GNER
passengers.

(Since I use WAGN several times per week I didn't feel any compunction
in walking through the concourse... )

As I describe above.