Old August 14th 03, 11:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Peake Steve Peake is offline

Default Disabled parking

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 07:07:53 +0000 (UTC), Jeff Mowatt wrote:

The reason I ask is that a housebound elderly woman I know in Lambeth
can't get access to the space near her home as it's been taken up
permanently by the far from disabled resident of the nearest property. A
council chap came round the other day and tried to have words but had to
retreat under threat of violence.

Why have words, just ticket the car

These spaces seem a pretty good idea to me if they are used with
consideration but if as seems often the case,. they aren't, should the
council remove them once the disabled resident who originally requested them
moves on?

The one for my place was removed about 3 months after I moved in, I've no
idea how the council made the decision to remove it.

Steve