Old February 27th 05, 01:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default IPPR suggest "Greater South East" rail body

In article ,
(Tony Polson) wrote:
Ian Jelf wrote:

Look no further than the boundaries of the 1980s Network SouthEast.

Didn't that get to Exeter, though?!

Yes, but only for sound operational reasons.

You couldn't sensibly operate two separate services (commuter/Inter
City) over the one route in NSE days. Maybe it could be done now?

King's Lynn then? It's part of the Cambridge service and that does include
London commuting. We don't want to be run from London though London-like
public transport rules would be an improvement.

While commuters (including part-time ones like me) go one-way, to central
London, tourists go both ways, in large numbers.

--
Colin Rosenstiel