Old February 28th 05, 09:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Peak bus fares sneak in unannounced

Lawrence Myers wrote:
"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
...and for a longer period of the day than originally planned. I'm
not too pleased about this! The only publicity I've ever seen
regarding this was a single poster a month ago saying that the
current prepay bus fare was a "limited time offer" - admittedly
until today, but they never said what would come afterwards...

Oyster prepay prices will be £1.00 from 0630-1900 weekdays, £0.80
at all other times. Originally I think it was planned to make the
"peak" period 0630-0930 only on buses.

Although the web site says peak fares apply till 19:00, the fares
leaflet says quite clearly that it's only till 09:30.

Which is it?

The web site has been corrected this morning. It now says the £1 prepay
fare applies only Mon-Fri 0630-0930 (except on buses with conductors),
which is consistent with the leaflet.

--
Richard J.