Old March 1st 05, 10:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Justin Howes 1963-2005

Many people on this newsgroup are familiar with the Underground typeface
designed by Edward Johnston in 1916 (and his Omnibus typefaces of a few
years later). Justin Howes wrote an excellent book* about these in
2000, and gave a talk to LURS in June 2002.

I was shocked and saddened this morning to read his obituary in The
Times. He died of a heart attack at the age of only 41 on 21 February
2005.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...5298_1,00.html (2 pages)

* Johnston's Underground Type by Justin Howes
Capital Transport Publishing
ISBN 1854142313

--
Richard J.