Old March 2nd 05, 01:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Clark W. Griswold, Jr. Clark W. Griswold, Jr. is offline

Default What hapend to the visitor passes

(Ric Euteneuer) wrote:

I've encountered a lot of hostility to normal underground services,
mainly from the USA, who think it is a den of Bronx style iniquity.

I've used LU many times (well, up until they started stalling out between
platforms for hours on end). I have no particular problem with using the tube
and its certainly an inexpensive option for public transportation to/from
Heathrow and central London.

That said, trying to manage more than carry-on luggage through the tube is
similar to trying to manage luggage on a bus - there are easier options...