Old March 2nd 05, 02:05 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Vernon Vernon is offline

Default HELP! My mate needs a cab from Gatwick!!

"Mike Hughes" wrote ...

That could be me!

First of all the metered fare to/from Gatwick and Surrey Quays is about
£80 which is what they would have to pay to get a fully licensed and
insured London (black) taxi.

Secondly - child seats. The latest TX model taxis have a pull down
section in the middle of the rear seat which doubles up as an arm rest
and also as a child's seat, raising small children up so that the seat
belt can be securely fastened.

As it happens I live south of Gatwick (in Worthing) so a fare in to
London is ideal for me. However, I usually start a lot earlier than
midnight, so can't offer do the job for my usual (lower) rate.

I don't know (without trying it out) whether or not the baby can be put
in to the child seat and the younger child then sat on the rear facing
tip up seat which may be the answer.

Ideally of course, one baby seat would be required, but these are not
normally carried on London taxis and I don't know of any radio taxi
companies that provide this service - passengers usually provide their
own seat when I've done it in the past.

If I can be of any further help let me know.

Mike,

I realise you know the taxi world, but are you allowed to pick up from
Gatwick? I thought they were very strict, only allowing the resident group
of companies (maybe you are one of them of course).