Old March 2nd 05, 03:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
E. Zackatackali E. Zackatackali is offline

Default Fantasy bus routes

John Ray wrote:
E. Zackatackali wrote:

If you had the power to add/change/remove bus routes, what would you
do?

There would be four changes I would make:

(snip)

3. 197 - Norwood Junction - East Croydon. I can't see the point of
such a short route. I'd extend this to Thornton Heath.

(snip)

The point, I suppose, is to provide a service for the Morland Road and
Woodside Green areas. Just out of interest, what route would it take
to Thornton Heath? Even if it was made into a single-decker service,
to get under the railway bridge at Portland Road, it would have to
take a roundabout route to reach Thornton Heath.

It would be extended from East Croydon via George Street, Wellesley Road,
Poplar Walk and London Road to Thornton Heath Pond.

EZ