Old March 2nd 05, 04:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default Fantasy bus routes

In message , Aidan Stanger
writes
Ian Jelf wrote:
writes

RV1 - run it with those fake heritage tram ye olde stylee buses you
find in foreign cities to amuse the tourists

How about using RMs on it instead?

How about using RMs on busy routes instead???

Well, yes I agree with you wholeheartedly but I think we've done that
one to death somewhat! ;-)

there is also much to be said for having RMs on a recognisably
"heritage" route. Not the commentary-equipped sightseeing ones but
something covering the central sections of the 11, 9 or 15, for example.

The 15 needs all the buses it can get, anyway, especially on District
Line Closure weekends but also generally. Some of you may remember my
postings here some months ago about the overcrowding on the route
to/from the Tower. This is something I've experienced several times
again since.......

As for the RV1, I think the existing buses are as good as anything else
at the moment, but in the future they should consider options such as
battery electric buses.

Well, when the route was inaugurated, I thought that the GPs-operated
information screens about nearby attractions were a really great,
innovative idea. I even heard many favourable comments from visitors
using the route. But they seem to have fallen out of use (and some
distinctly "ordinary" vehicles appear on the route nowadays in any
case).
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK