Old March 2nd 05, 05:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default LU is getting worse!

On 1 Mar 2005 15:49:44 -0800, "EorJames"
wrote:

Yes i know i would love the tube to be better.
But why do they have to do all of the work at once.

the work is not all being done at once. However there is a huge amount
of work to be done as there is a lot of old assets to replace or
upgrade.

Things are temporarily worse because there are urgent works on the
Northern Line to deal with a long standing problem. The rebuilding of
Wembley Park knocks out the Met and Jubilee Lines and is running to a
very tight programme so as to meet various expectations connected with
the new Wembley Stadium. In addition you have upgrade work for the 7th
car project for the Jubilee Line. Oh and we have the long term closure
for Heathrow T5. That's just for the JNP lines.

There are further huge projects in the pipeline like the Victoria Line
upgrade and I would not be surprised to see regular closures of parts of
that line. However it won't happen while there are also the big closures
for track works on the District and Circle as that could potentially
leave Victoria without a tube service which I think is a step too far
for people to contemplate.

--
Paul C