Old March 3rd 05, 08:09 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Sir Benjamin Nunn Sir Benjamin Nunn is offline

Default HELP! My mate needs a cab from Gatwick!!

"Adrian" wrote in message
. 1.4...
Mike Hughes ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

If you really want to get ripped off then try taking one of the
'minicabs' from the West End and then compare that with the price for
the same journey in a licensed taxi. If it's not double then you will
be lucky.

********. Big fat round hairy ********. Sometimes they take the ****, but
most of the time they're a LOT cheaper than a black cab. If you can find a
black cab.

IAWTW.

Private hire companies between Central London - e.g. West End, Victoria,
Kings X etc. - and where I live in SW London are in the £22-28 price range.

The only times I've made the same sort of journey in a Black Cab (which is
when I've been reimbursed for my expenses, natch) it's been £50 or more.

As an aside I was in a garage in Bayswater Road on Sunday night when a
minicab asked me where the Ritz Hotel.

Bloody hell, a talking car!

Take the point, but if you're going anywhere near Tooting or Mitcham, the
black cab drivers need to have the directions spelled out to them just as
much as minicabs.

BTN