Old March 3rd 05, 07:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nestor Badudoy Nestor Badudoy is offline

Default Route 63 heading south

The "Thameslink blockade" refers to the closure of the line between King's
Cross Thameslink (KXT) and Kentsh Town while the new St. Pancras CTRL
station is constructed. The line has effectively been severed at King's
Cross, with trains from the north terminating at St. Pancras and trains from
the south turning back at KXT.

Routes 45 & 63 are heping to ferry passengers between the affected stations
so they can make connections at Blackfriars (using SER, Southern etc).

Regards,
Nes.
--
Please remove the spam-deflecting X's to reply directly to me - or simply
reply to the group!

"?uzzled" wrote in message
Thanks guys for the quick replies. I guess that explains why they're

turning
around.

Shame the drivers can't report back to the depot on how busy this route

gets
when people are trying to go home from work in the evenings. 'Dumping'

more
passengers at Blackfriars to wait for a 63 that goes all the way doesn't
help. I'm guessing that these extra passengers would normally get a
connecting train when they used the Thameslink line.

Can somebody explain what this 'Thameslink blockade' is and when it will

be
back to normal ? Thanks