Old March 3rd 05, 10:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Barking-Greenford?

Ian Harper wrote:
"Chris Tolley" wrote in message
.. .

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 19:04:49 +1030, Aidan Stanger wrote:

Chris Tolley wrote:

Central? Paddington?

Yes, it's in Zone 1 therefore it's central.

Even Fenchurch Street is closer to Charing Cross than Paddington...

As is Marylebone. That's the thing about Central London termini: they're
ALL central!

In my mind it's "central" if it's within sensible walking distance of
something useful. I used to work in Traf Sq., and used to shop in
Tottenham Ct Rd. So, for me, neither Padd nor Fen St qualify. ;-)

The boundary of what is, and what is not part of Central London is defined
by the map accompanying the Mayor of London Order 2000, as signed by the
First Secretary of State.

And no, it's not on the internet!

That's a shame. It could settle quite a few arguments on this newsgroup!

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7