Old March 4th 05, 12:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Later Tubes on Fri & Sat

wrote:
Guess what? Tuesday's "Peoples' Question Time" at New Cross took a vote
on later running of the Undrground on Fridays and Saturdays and no
surprise there was around a 65% majority in favour. BUT, at no time was
the consequential later start by one hour on Sat & Sun mornings
mentioned (apart from one shouted voice from the audience). How many
other "world cities" have to "rob peter to pay paul" in order to get a
proper late night train service, and how much longer are the PPP
infracos going to hold London's commuters to ransom? (30 years I guess.)

From where I was sitting, the vote question was very clearly worded -
it said would you support the Tube finishing an hour later on Fridays
and Saturdays but starting an hour later on Saturdays and Sundays.

They couldn't have been much clearer about it.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7