Old March 4th 05, 01:16 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default Automatic ticket machine, 1921

James Farrar wrote to uk.transport.london on Fri, 4 Mar 2005:

Yes, it looks like one. In the cinema world they're called
'Automaticket'
machines, and were an industry standard item for many decades. I
work in a
cinema which still uses one.

Ooh, where? I remember them from my childhood but I thought they
would be gone fr good by now...

I'm *almost* sure they still have them at Earl's Court Exhibition
Centre.... they certainly did a few years ago. Can't remember last year
(I usually manage a trip to the Ideal Home Show at some stage).
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/